DAAS CO-OP Art Gallery & Gifts is inviting all artists to submit artworks for this group JURIED exhibition, celebrating the elegance of calligraphy and the beauty of watercolors, on paper. All pieces must comply with the specification on size and medium application, in an effort to create a cohesive and soothing atmosphere in the place.
The selected exhibition pieces will be hung with wooden pins on threads, spanning from one wall to another in the exhibition space. The vision is for a clean, flowy spectacle, where all the pieces dance together, mimicking a clothesline of beautiful creations on paper.
Since new pieces, following the specifications must be created, we ask that artists pay the fee(s) first. Then submit samples of their work via email to email@example.com – using subject line: “Entry for Manuscripts: Stories by Hand.”
Please understand that the fee applies to each entry, and it is non-refundable. This means that if you decide to enter the maximum of 3 pieces, your fee will be $45.00 ($15.00 per entry).
These specifications MUST be met:
- All pieces must be on a piece of paper, preferably watercolor 140lb., rice or naturally made paper or cotton rag paper for printing.
- Every paper surface must be cut to measure specifically 9 inches by 12 inches. This should be standard size for watercolor paper pads, or you can cut to size.
- A blank margin of 1.5 inch must be left around the image. The finished artwork area should then measure 6 inches by 9 inches.
- It does not matter what medium is used to create the actual artwork. The color scheme is completely open. However, the theme of manuscript, calligraphy and/or story should be present. Also, watercolor should be used as either main or partial medium. Some examples of ideas are illuminated page, story written on calligraphy style with decorative background, or a capital letter decorated with symbols or floral motifs, etc. Let your imagination flow!
- DO NOT frame the piece.
- Once confirmation of acceptance is received, the entries MUST be mailed by the deadline of 12/15/2023 to:
DAVID ACEVEDO (DAAS)
10051 McGregor BLVD STE 202
Fort Myers, FL 33919
*Include a separate sheet of paper with the following information:
NAME and LASTNAME
Website (if any)
Title of each piece (identify with pencil in the back)
Price for each piece (as to be shown on the label)
- Entries will not be returned to the artists, unless these are hand delivered and can be picked up (if not sold) after the exhibition closes. Mailed pieces will remain in inventory until sold, as part of the regular inventory of the gallery. If you do not wish to leave the pieces in the gallery after the exhibition, please include a pre-addressed and pre-stamped manila envelope with your submissions.
- Ship your entries in a large 9.5 inch x 12.5 inch manila envelope and include a piece of cardboard, to avoid bending or other damage to the piece. NOTE: DAAS CO-OP is NOT responsible for any damages caused during the shipping and transportation of the package.
- If you wish to hand-deliver your entries, please do so specifically between January 26th, 2024, and March 23rd, 2024. If you pre-paid the fee(s) online, you MUST present evidence. Otherwise, you can pay the fee(s) at the gallery upon delivery. Please note that we may use the image(s) of pieces received early for promotional purposes, press release, social media, etc. Make sure you deliver your piece(s) in manila envelopes, properly protected, unbent and clean.
- Commission: The gallery retains only 30% from the sale of each piece. We recommend the prices range from $80 to $120, based on the size of the piece. However, artists retain the right to price their work as they see fit. Commission payments will be mailed during the first week after the closing of the exhibition (early May 2024).
The exhibition will open to the public on Friday, April 5, 2024, with an opening reception in conjunction with the Fort Myers Art Walk event. Closing date for this exhibition is Sunday, April 28th, 2024.
Artists can submit up to three pieces for the show. A fee must be paid first, per piece, here:
- This is a juried exhibition. Artists and co-founders David Acevedo and Xavier Brignoni will be making the selections for this exhibition. Prizes to be awarded: Best in Show (wins Ribbon and $100), First Price (wins Ribbon and $75), Second Prize (wins Ribbon and $50), Honorable Mentions (Qty at Juror’s discretion, wins Ribbon).
- There is a non-refundable fee of $15.00 per entry. Maximum entries per artist: 3.
- All artwork on display for this exhibition MUST be for sale. We will not accept NFS entries.
1815-3 Fowler Street
Fort Myers, FL 33901
Wednesday – Sunday: 10am – 3pm